Welcome to the Kansas City CSCMP Heartland Roundtable! You can find updates on upcoming supply chain educational events and activities in the Kansas City area.
January 27, 2021
10:00 – 11:00am Central
Kicking off 2021 with a panel discussion on the current state of cross-border trade in North America. The panel members will review the impacts of the USMCA trade agreement on the North American rail and intermodal industry, the role eCommerce has and will continue to play, key sustainability and security factors, as well as a 5-year industry outlook.
- Mike Naatz – KC Southern, EVP & Chief Marketing Officer
- Sarthak Verma – J.B. Hunt, Senior Vice President, International
- Paul Hirsch – BNSF, Assistant Vice President, Mexico Business Unit
- Moderated by Adam Hill – Scarbrough International, President & COO
$5 for CSCMP members
$10 for non-members
$0 for students (Students: email Courtney Cook)
Tuesday, November 10, 2020
3:30 to 5:30pm CT
The US will soon experience one of the greatest supply chain challenges we’ve ever seen: providing a vaccine to our 328 million population, likely requiring two doses. Join us for a dynamic panel as we discuss healthcare supply chains and the distribution of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Scott Poague | Vice President of Supply Chain at North Kansas City Hospital
- Janie Ott | Vice President of Supply Chain at the University of Kansas Medical Center
- Angela Watson | Vice President of Healthcare Global Enterprise Sales at UPS
- Dr. Nicolette Louissaint | Executive Director and President of Healthcare Ready
- Moderator: Roger Woody – American Logistics Aid Network Board Member and retired Executive Lecturer and Director of the University of Kansas’s School of Business Supply Chain Management Center
This four part online Six Sigma Yellow Belt training will take place on four dates in early November. The main goal of the Yellow Belt course is to provide an introduction to Lean Six Sigma and how it can be used by individuals and teams to improve customer satisfaction, reduce errors, increase efficiencies, and work more effectively with teams to solve problems. With this foundation of knowledge and skills, participants can progress to more advanced levels of LSS.
The Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) is the leading global association for supply chain management professionals. We have been helping our members, their careers, and their companies since 1963. Nine thousand members worldwide receive unparalleled networking opportunities, cutting-edge research, and online and on-site professional educational opportunities. Learn more about CSCMP at cscmp.org.
The Kansas City Heartland Roundtable has a proud history of working with companies and universities in the Kansas City area to provide academic scholarships to students working towards a careers in the supply chain profession. The Kansas City roundtable offers educational programs from Sept to June offer area supply chain professionals and students with an opportunity to learn, network and develop throughout their career. Programs are open to non-members and members.
A variety of sponsorship opportunities are available for your organization to get more exposure to KC CSCMP members and show your support for the KC CSCMP programs. Click here to learn more.